Friday, August 05, 2005

More nonsense over at Buzzmachine about the state of the Blogosphere..I'm over in the comments, again. Read them, and you'll see that a bunch of the people commenting seem to be simply wanting to hear themselves comment. None are pointing to the larger issue that those at the top rarely come into the Technorati tail! I keep saying this over, and over, and over! If msm wants to understand the people aspect of blogging, it has to get off its pedistal fer crissakes!

or is it that they really *do* want to keep the upper hand...

2 comments:

Seth Finkelstein said...

Mathematically, A-listers can't spend much time fishing in the tail. They have exhausting jobs of PR-flacking themselves (including attending conferences), then they have to read the other A-listers to keep current, then do whatever else is necessary to maintain that lifestyle. When would they ever even get the time to read the little people?

Tish Grier said...

My point exactly, Seth...my point exactly.

Which makes Jarvis' point about meritocracy completely stupid.

Personally, I've decided to do a very aggressive campaign on A-listers. I've found that the best way to get their attention is the old-fashioned way of getting in their face--literally. It's going to be oodles of fun to see if I can pull it off.