Friday, April 14, 2006

$.02 for your $.02: Helium Knowledge is a message board with a twist: it promises to pay you for your opinions if enough people like what you have to say and give your answers favorable ratings. The catch is that after you either answer a question or enter and answer your own question, you have to spend some time reviewing responses of others.

It's a message board. Sheesh!

If you have time for the scheme, give it a shot. I just don't have the time to spend on it in order to make the pennies it's offering.

3 comments:

ohdawno said...

Man, I wish people had been paying me for my opinions all these years. I could have been rich by now.

Tish Grier said...

ha! yeah, I know the feeling. I kind of wish I had the time to spend researching this little gizmo--it would be interesting to find our how many men/women are using it and of men and women, if men's opinions or women's opinions are considered "good" opinions.

In my opinion, there's a gender bias to how we evaluate information online.

Patricia said...

It's not a bad idea. I don't have time for a thing like that either, but there was a time when I spent a lot of time on messageboards, getting advice and giving a little of it. I guess if the ones dispensing the bulk of it could make a few bucks and it's something they'd be doing for free elsewhere anyway it's a win/win/win kind of thing.