Monday, June 16, 2008

Good night, Online Journalism Review...Thank you, Robert Niles...

Sad news from Robert Niles at Online Journalism Review: after 10 years, USC Annenberg School of Communications is suspending publication of Online Journalism Review...

This does mean that Niles is leaving USC, but he's not leaving online. He's started a new site, SensibleTalk.com--and I wish him the best of luck in this new endeavor :-)

I had a brief history with OJR, where I wrote a couple of articles for them. It was a wonderful feeling to see my writing in OJR, and I really do have Bob to thank for that...

The new Knight Digital Media Center, which is headquartered at USC Annenberg, now has a new blog, News Leadership 3.0 with Michele McLellan (my former colleague at Assignment Zero) at the helm. I'm glad to see Michele doing this! She really knows her stuff and, from what I've seen so far, is doing a great job with this, gearing the posts to her particular audience. The community, so far, appears slow in commenting (as per usual--always more lurkers/readers than commenters) but I'm sure in time she'll get responses.

In the meantime, I'd like again to say a huge thanks to Bob Niles, for giving me a bit of a boost when I needed it....

and a fond good-night to Online Journalism Review

No comments: