Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Karp and Co. launch social networking for journalists and those who love them ;-)

Best of luck to Scott Karp (and partners), who's just introduced Publish2 a new social network for journalists--as broadly defined as "independent “news bloggers,” “citizen” journalists, student journalists, i.e. ALL journalists" More than doing anything for "social news" (we've got lots of that) I'm hoping that it will lead to better networking.

Scott's been at times a bit hot under the collar about using Facebook for business networking (I don't think it's the greatest for that either)so perhaps he's constructively channeled that ire in Publish2. We are, I think, coming to a point where publishers/journalists need to be able to find quality, experienced bloggers to help them with interacting--and that's something some of us online interacting veterans can certainly do. It's not a one-way street either. For me, I've always learned great stuff from the journalists I've encountered and have worked with, and welcome the opportunity to work with more of them.

Perhaps Publish2 can be of good service to this particular (and sometimes prickly) community.

1 comment:

Tish Grier said...

wow! thanks for the spam, buddy!

honestly, I checked out zooped awhile back, and it seemed oriented towards young people (yet again) and even now is showing a pic of a girl in nothing but a g-string...sorry, but even if that was some young hunky male in a g-string, I would be all that impressed (I'd probably just find him gay.)

So, pictures of young people frolicking, and the suggestion of meeting the love of my life--or a great one nighter--is really NOT much of a selling point IMO.