Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blogging WOMMA: the Last Day



Wednesday, Dec 13. 5:08pm I'm exhausted. Three days of information--some of that number-related--and networking. I think I still have a voice, but I'm not sure. I know my brain's in the process of a nuclear-style meltdown from all the stimulus and I can't wait to sleep on the plane....which isn't until 9:15pm.

I'd planned to liveblog some of the sessions of the con, but the free wifi was awful and I didn't want to pony up the 20 bucks a day for the good one (that is, if I *could* pick up the good one--there was no guarantee.)

I've come to expect crappy wifi at most cons I'm at--even strictly tech and blogging cons--because most places just don't boost the signal enough.

Such is high tech life in a medium-tech world...

and my suitcase is twice as heavy as it was before I left. Must be all the books. That's the great thing about marketing cons--all the "smart" schwag.

Will blog much more about the con tomorrow...

oh, spoke to a Georgetown student last night about online communities and newspapers. Will have more on that too...

off to dinner. ...

2 comments:

marianne richmond said...

It seems the concept of live blogging conferences has not quite caught up with the technology....

Marianne

Tish Grier said...

my sense is that when groups who never thought of liveblogging a conference *start* liveblogging their conferences, then we'll get the wifi we need....until then, well, we're the cutting edge guys dealing with dull swords :-)