1. blogs by celebreties rank high.
2. mediablogs powered by groups of little bloggers rank high
3. a number of the "blogs" aren't really blogs at all but massive link lists (like Milk and Cookies)
4. group blogs are linked high.
5. Some "blogs" aren't even blogs! (McSweeny's anyone???)
What is most disturbing about this is the number of blogs listed that never, ever link to anyone else, yet are widely linked.
What kind of bullshit is that?!?!
That was part of my biggest argument about Arianna Huffington starting a "blog." Her attempt was a transparent use of a new media to continue the spread of her own bloated ego throughout the internet by co-opting a medium of the people. On top of that, people are so freaking stupid as to link to her thinking that it shows they are "in the know."
Frankly, that just shows that one is interested in maintaining a power structure that blogging was meant to undermine.
In the spirit of my post the other day: Stop linking to media bigwigs who won't even give you the time of day in a link post! Their blogs are out there enough in the MSM--they really don't another endorsement from us fleas...and, frankly, it just makes us look like rubes.