Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Battle of the Spammers--Round 2

A flurry of really nasty spam has hit this blog in the past couple of days. It must be manually posted as I have word verification. Since it's making it past the word verification, I will now have to move to Comment Moderation.

I'm not all that fond of Comment Moderation--it's something that leaves the poster kind of in the dark, I think. But it's come to that.

Amazing that people actually *pay* spammers to do this--and I bet there are some folks who think it's a legitimate form of marketing or promotion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw you on the 2000Bloggers. Nice

check out http://hotelanyware.blogspot.com/
and leave a comment---
Think American Idol meets Survivor with The Apprentice. Who gets voted off the island? Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? Hired or fired? Do you Digg it? Use reality tv groundrules, and VOTE!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, those evil e-mails with "stock tips" actually do make money, so I read somewhere. Here's a fabulous article from Wired about the blog spam mayhem: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.09/splogs.html

Look at the bright side: Lots of blog spam means people are linking to your blog! Though, I suppose that's a bit like becoming rich and having all the golddiggers come out of the woodwork...

Tish Grier said...

Ed...thanks for stoppping by--and I went over and checked your blog out, too. I still have to do my post on 2000 Bloggers. It's really quite the hoot--*and* when you post the code, it gives you a link! how great is that!

Danny The Wired article's one of the best on the whole thing...I post rants on spammers and sploggers from time to time as a way of reminding people to keep an eye out for the crap....and, yeah, I wish the sploggers would pay me my share from whatever they make off of *my* content. Friend Jeaneane Sessum's brought up that a time or two. The Head Leamur, though, is the guy who's *really* hot about sploggers!